Do I need to be vaccinated to book an appointment?
You do not need to be vaccinated to attend a session in our clinic. However, we do strongly encourage all of our patients to receive a Covid vaccination unless they have been advised by their treating GP otherwise. We will ask for your vaccination status when you attend an appointment with us. If you are unvaccinated, our practitioners will take extra cleaning and PPE measures to ensure that we are doing all we can to minimise the transmission of Covid.
Do i Need to wear a mask while receiving treatment?
It is currently a QLD Government rule that all people where a face mask when attending a healthcare facility, which includes our clinic. As such, we will ask you to wear a face mask throughout your entire stay in our clinic, including during your appointment with our practitioners. The only time we would encourage you to remove your mask in our clinic is during an appointment with our Exercise Physiologist Carly when you are engaging in strenuous exercise. Obviously, you may also remove your mask to have a drink of water or something similar, but we do ask that you put your mask straight back on once you are finished. For more information about the QLD Government rules on face masks, please click here.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS DO WE TAKE TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19?
There are a number of procedures we have implemented to help minimise the transmission of Covid. These include:
- Temperature checking: Everyone who enters our clinic will have their temperature checked. If a temperature reading is above 37.8, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment. We also temperature check all of our staff first thing in the morning, as well as at lunch time. If anyone has a high temperature, they are sent home for testing.
- Symptom screening: Anyone exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 including coughing, difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell (etc), will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Social distancing: We encourage social distancing within our clinic, and ask that patients arrive no earlier than 10 mins before their appointment.
- Hand hygiene: All staff clean their hands before and after every single patient. We also strongly encourage patients to practice good hand hygiene by sanitising on arrival and departure using the hand sanitiser located throughout the clinic.
- Personal protective equipment: All staff wear a face mask at all times within our clinic, and additionally, all practitioners will wear protective glasses when treating patients.
- Regular cleaning: Our practitioners wipe all treatment surfaces, desks, and equipment before and after every session. All towels and gowns used during a session are also washed immediately after use so that there is no cross-contamination between patients. Non-treatment room's such as reception and the bathroom are cleaned both in the morning and at lunch time, with regularly touched surfaces like doors/door handles being cleaned more frequently.